Monday, September 29, 2008

Amber Y. #4C

Class last Monday was very interesting. I learned many new things including, Montana has 7 Indian reservations and that the government took Indian children from their homes to "educate them". Growing up in Upper Michigan where there is one Indian Reservation, I was amazed at the number of reservations here and the percentage of Montana land that is Indian reservation. I had also never heard that the government had taken Indian children from their homes to educate them.

As a future elementary teacher I would divide the class into 7 groups and have each group research a different reservation and then have them present each reservation to the class. Another activity I would do would be to have each child write a brief story of when they were away from home and how they felt and how it was similar or different.

2 comments:

EDCI Student said...

i really like your idea for future class use.

EDCI Student said...

I liked your idea about having the class break into seven different groups and learn about the individual tribes and then present what they learned to the whole class. I think students really learn well from each other not just the teacher.