The IEFA learning lesson was a valuable one. There are two things that I learned last week that stick out in my mind. The first one is that there are 12 tribes located throughout Montana. It is crazy I did not know that considering I have lived here for 20 years. The second thing that sticks out in my mind and is something I learned is the idea of boarding schools and getting rid of native american culture and such. I was completely unaware that they tried doing that and I now have a better understanding of the subject.
As an elementary teacher, I would do two things as far as IEFA. I would teach my kids about the particular tribes that are located in their state and show them a video of a pow wow so they can get a feel for the music, culture and environment. Both of those things would spark their interest and stil be a learning experience.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment