Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heidi H Assignment 4C

I learned some useful information about Native Americans that I could incorporate into my classroom. Non-verbal cues were used for trade because of the language barrier. The Navajo Nation is the largest in the United United States. After listening to the presentations, I gained a better understanding of Native American culture and thought of ideas to share with my students.

In the classroom, I could first teach the students about the Native American culture. After they have an understanding, we could design games similar to games that Native American children played and then play them. We could also design a Navajo rug and create a math lesson to teach symmetry.
Heidi Hedstrom

1 comment:

EDCI Student said...

I really like the rug activity! It would be great to show them how symmetry played into the design as well as how everyone worked together as a tribe.
Jamie Diehl